SOLD OUT (HOTEL / MEALS / TOUR VISITS etc) FOR FRENCH SPEAKERS (FRANCOPHONIE) – EMAIL email@example.com TO BE ADDED TO WAITING LIST!
If you are aged 18-35, come and have 5 days of fun with hundreds of other young Jewish adults in “The Happiest Place on Earth!”
- Explore historic and modern Copenhagen
- Enjoy 4* accommodation in an hotel only for ECJS
- Party for New Year in the traditional BLACK TIE BALL
- Hear from outstanding Jewish speakers
- Taste delicious Glatt Kosher food
And much much more!!!
For our Cancellation policy – Please see the Terms and Conditions section.
Please note that you must be registered on the ECJS website to purchase tickets to our events. Not yet registered? Become a member now!
Do not book any flights until the ECJS office confirms the registration and payment is all okay, and it is okay to do so – as there is no guaranteed place until then.
All prices are per person and do not include travel to / from Copenhagen or transfers to the hotel. If you pay by bank transfer from outside the EU / UK / Switzerland you will get an extra 50 Euros charge unless you use Wise or Revolut websites, so we recommend to use Paypal to avoid this.
Extra nights before and after the event are available through ECJS at our special group rates. If you request a twin occupancy extra night without a friend(s) and we are unable to match you up with another participant(s), you will be asked to upgrade to a single room.
SOLD OUT (HOTEL / MEALS / TOUR VISITS etc) FOR FRENCH SPEAKERS (FRANCOPHONIE) – EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org TO BE ADDED TO WAITING LIST!
To get these prices you must also hold a valid 1 year paid membership subscription.
WINTER SALE DEADLINE: 23:59 CEST (Belgium Time) on Tuesday 21 November 2023.
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 2 x single beds where you will share with someone of the same gender. Prices are per person.
DOUBLE ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 1 large bed where you will share with someone of the same gender. Prices are per person.
TRIPLE ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 1 large bed and 1 extra bed, where you will share with 2 other people of the same gender. Prices are per person.
Winter Sale € 359
Normal Price € 429
Normal Price € 449
Normal Price € 639
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 2 x single beds where you will share with someone. Prices are per person.
Thu-Sun Single Room
Thu-Sun Twin Room
Thu-Sun Single Junior Suite
Thu-Sun Single Master Suite
EXTRA NIGHT OPTIONS:
Single Junior Suite
Single Master Suite
- For those people living in Denmark only, we can offer these local packages for the weekend at special subsidized prices if you sign up as a FREE user on our website first.These do not include any transport to and from the venues:
- EVERYTHING BUT THE HOTEL – €189: This is the full event the same as everyone international participating, but does not include hotel accommodation
- ALL 4 NIGHTS PACKAGE – €79: Includes Thursday night party entry, Friday Shabbat Dinner, Saturday night party entry and Sunday night New Year’s Eve Dinner followed by the famous Annual Black Tie Ball entry
- SUNDAY NEW YEARS EVE DINNER + PARTY – €50: Includes Sunday night New Year’s Eve Dinner followed by the famous Annual Black Tie Ball entry
- SUNDAY NEW YEARS EVE PARTY – €20: Includes Sunday night New Year’s Eve famous Annual Black Tie Ball entry only
- FRIDAY SHABBAT DINNER ONLY PACKAGE – €35: Includes Friday Shabbat Dinner only
- THURSDAY / SATURDAY NIGHT 1 PARTY ONLY PACKAGE – €10: Includes Thursday or Saturday night party entry only.
This is an example program – the real program will be sent to participants only.
Day 1 Highlights – Thursday
Tour of Copenhagen city
Day 2 Highlights – Friday
Scenic tour of Copenhagen
Day 3 Highlights – Shabbat
Shabbat Friendly Activity
Relax & Enjoy
ECJS fun party
DAY 4 Highlights – Sunday
New Year's Eve Black Tie Ball
DAY 5 Highlights – Monday
New Year 2024 Brunch
The event will start at around 12:00pm in Copenhagen on the Thursday and finish on Monday at approximately 12:00pm. The nearest airport is Copenhagen (CPH) which is approximately 10-15 minutes from the hotel by taxi or 25-45 minutes by public transport. Uber from the airport costs around 180-200 DKK (25-30 Euros).
The hotel is a deluxe 4 star hotel close to Sydhavnen Harbour and less than 6 km from the Nyhavn. A number of rooms have views of the marina or otherwise local Danish countryside as well as easy access from the hotel to both the city centre and the major shopping malls, Field’s and Fisketorvet. All bedrooms are ensuite and set out in modern, Danish style.
Copenhagen is the epitome of Scandi cool. Modernist lamps light New Nordic tables, bridges buzz with cycling commuters and locals dive into pristine waterways.
Over the past few years, Copenhagen has become a wildly popular destination. Some come to visit the Little Mermaid and walk in the footsteps of Hans Christian Andersen, others to have a bite of the famous food scene, but all are impressed by Denmark’s capital. Despite the city’s compact size, its neighborhoods all offer something different and unique, from colorful, young and hip districts to more upscale areas sprinkled with medieval history.
The Jewish community of Copenhagen has been active since the end of the 17th century. Today, most of Denmark’s 7000 Jews live in Copenhagen.
Abraham Salomon of Rausnitz was its first rabbi, appointed in 1687. Six years later, a Jewish cemetery was established in Mollegade. Destroyed by a fire in 1795, no synagogue was active until a liberal one was built in 1833 in Krystalgade. Years later, orthodox and Sephardic places of worship were also opened.
The Royal Decree issued in 1814 gave Jews born in Denmark the same rights as for all other citizens. Philanthropic institutions, schools, old age homes have been opened since 1825. The number and presence varied then, according to historical events, especially the Holocaust.
When the huge majority of the Danish Jews and their relatives, about 8000 persons, were saved by the courageous acts of Denmark’s royal, political and religious authorities as well as every level of society. Marking the continuous blossoming of the Jewish community in Denmark, Queen Margrethe II attended in 1983 the service in Copenhagen’s synagogue, celebrating its 150th anniversary.
CELIA OBM SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
In loving memory of our dear friend and former ECJS staff member, Celia Sasporte (Tzila Chaya Bat Moises) OBM, a scholarship fund will be established to help less fortunate ECJS participants up to 30 years old.
Celia was a naturally inclusive and caring person. She would not want anyone left out just because of their financial situation. On the contrary, they most need the opportunity to make Jewish friends and celebrate their Jewish identity. Through this scholarship, Celia can continue extending the gift of friendship and bring joy to those who need it most. Celia’s memory will live on, bringing happiness to others just as she did in life.
For this event, there will be a maximum of 4 Celia OBM Scholarships awarded, depending on suitable candidates with extremely limited financial capability who cannot normally participate in our events.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this special limited scholarship you should select the twin ticket for the event and select the check box asking if you wish to apply for this scholarship. You should also select the option to pay with bank transfer as this will not force you to make the event payment when you send us the event ticket.
After ECJS & JEP receive your event ticket, you will receive an email with a detailed application form and terms and conditions, to apply for this limited scholarship.
Once you have submitted that completed form back to ECJS & JEP you will be informed in a short time period if you have been awarded the scholarship and the amount of funding for the scholarship.
- Four-Star superior Accommodation
- Free WiFi Internet Access in all rooms and public areas.
- General Room facilities
- Free access to fitness facilities (treatments/ activities may cost extra)
- Kosher meals
- Entertainment and workshops
- City Tours with professional guides – dependant on local laws and restrictions
- Organised transport for official trip tours and visits – dependant on local laws and restrictions
- General room service
- Optional Parking (charged by the hotel directly to each individual)
Participants will NOT be provided with
- Luxury items (alcoholic beverages besides Friday night, etc)
- Additional room service (washing, dry cleaning, etc)
- Health and other insurance – It is the responsibility of the participant to organise necessary health insurance and vaccination requirements for India. ECJS & JEP take no responsibility for extra costs or refunds if the participant does not have necessary requirements or for any expenses in relation to this.
- Every participant should ensure that their personal insurance covers medical expenses during their stay.
- ECJS & JEP does not take responsibility for damages done by participants (in hotel, buses and other locations). Participants are legally responsible for any damage they cause.
- Participant must notify ECJS & JEP in advance of any illnesses, allergies or medications they are on if there is any risk of any possible side effects or reactions that ECJS & JEP should be aware of. It is the participants own responsibility to ensure they prevent such reactions / side effects taking place as much as realistically possible, and ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for any medical care / treatment or incidents that may happen due to a participants failure to adhere to their personal medical responsibilities.
- By completing an event or membership registration form, the applicant gives full permission for ECJS & JEP staff, or affiliated representatives on ECJS & JEP’s behalf, to take appropriate related photographs of the applicant during an event (or pre/post event days), which may be used in any ECJS & JEP related material (e.g. marketing or supplied to sponsors), at the decision of the ECJS & JEP office.
- Any participant may be charged the full cost of the event and sent home during the program if fraudulent information was provided on the registration form for the event or ECJS & JEP member/associate form.
- ECJS & JEP holds the right at any time to cancel your participation if you fail to fulfil any demands or requirements of the program. In this situation the amount of refunds are at the full discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff.
Ticket Booking Confirmation
ECJS & JEP only confirms and guarantees the booking once tickets have been purchased, approved and payment also received and approved by the ECJS & JEP office; on the basis that the participant provides a copy of his ID / Passport for security and the information supplied on the registration form is correct. Until then, ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for your commitment to the event. Therefore ECJS & JEP does not advise you to book your flights / travel arrangements, until you receive your confirmation from the ECJS & JEP office as before this time ECJS & JEP does not guarantee you a place to participate in the event.
ECJS & JEP does its best to adhere to all specific room and event requests (such as room sharing preferences). However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible. In this situation the participant consents to the full authority of ECJS & JEP to make any changes necessary.
These are only for those people currently living in the hosting city holding full residency or alternatively students studying abroad/young adults working abroad, on proof of holding a local address.
- If someone is found positive with Covid-19 related symptoms, then it is the participants responsibility to decide how they wish to deal with it. ECJS & JEP will only implement any rules if local government enforces as laws. ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for any testing / isolation or action if the participant unless it is an enforced requirement.
- For Covid refunds : These will be provided only if you hold a positive Covid-19 test and at a level providing ECJS & JEP obtains any refunds from any expenses laid out on your behalf (e.g. hotel / tour guides / food etc). For no other reasons. All Covid-19 related refunds are at the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office.
Participants must prove financial situation warranting discount. A copy of a valid passport and/or references are required. Documents and/or letter outlining your request with contact details of either a Rabbi or Jewish community organization who can vouch for your limited finances should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
If you are awarded a further “extra” discount to the advertised prices we ask that you try your best to attend every session of our program, especially the workshops and lectures, to reflect your appreciation of this donation. A thank you letter about your experiences at the event is required for our sponsors within 2 weeks following the event.
Limited availability. Discounts will be granted solely at the discretion of ECJS & JEP and its partners and special offer discounts are only valid on main event dates and exclude extra costs such as extra nights/membership fee etc.
Special Discount Offer and Early-bird Offer Period End-Date
This is the date all registration and payments must be RECEIVED by the ECJS & JEP office. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers, and ECJS & JEP hold the full right to charge non-offer price if they believe this is not the case.
Group Organiser or other Special Offers
These are only applicable to you as an individual and do not apply to any other participants, for example a discount in a 2 person room is a discount on your participation rate and not for the other person sharing the room. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers.
This is the general cancellation policy but DOES NOT APPLY to any special Non-Cancelable / Non Refundable sale price ticket (see below terms for these tickets.
For cancellations until 23:59 on 01 November 2023 we will refund all payment except for 50 Euros admin fee for our staff to process this cancellation. From 01 November 2023 until 23:59 on 30 November 2023, we will refund 70% of your payment, providing the event sells out and we manage to re-sell your place. Otherwise we will not be able to offer a refund. After 30 November 2023, all cancellations will get no refund even for a medical emergency, except for Covid-19 related cancellation where we obtain refund (see Covid-19 section). The reason for this deduction is due to the risk we are taking, as well as the event low prices, the longer administration process involved in changing your booking, and often involves more time and expensive phone calls trying to find a replacement.
ECJS & JEP will have already booked, ordered and paid for everything for you. We will not be able to receive refunds for any of these purchases. Please understand that ECJS & JEP is a non-profit organization. We invest over €100 for each member to attend the event beyond the member fee that was paid. With your cancellation we lose this investment as well.
This is our cancellation policy and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. You agree that by submitting any event registration form or “ticket” via our website, you thereby acknowledge that you have read and understand this permission agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
Cancellation Policy for any special NON-CANCELABLE / NON REFUNDABLE SALE TICKETS:
These tickets are special priced offer tickets that are entirely non cancelable and 100% non-refundable once registration is completed and payment made. Purchase of this ticket is entirely at the purchaser’s risk and will not be refunded in any circumstances. It is also not permitted to use “Paypal query / bank recall” or any other similar methods to attempt to recall the payment. In this circumstance you will be issued a full invoice to re-instate the payment. By completing the registration and sending payment, you agree to these terms and conditions fully.