FULL EVENT (except for Istanbul residents) now SOLD OUT (see below section of prices for details).
Come and enjoy an exotic trip with other young Jews aged 18-39 in the city where East meets West, Istanbul.
- Explore historic Istanbul
- Relax at a luxurious hotel
- Learn in fun interactive workshops
- Enjoy delicious Glatt Kosher food.
And much much more!!!
This event will follow all local Covid-19 regulations regarding masks, social distancing etc. All vaccinated participants must have one of the following:
1) If you are vaccinated / recovered from Covid: You must have 2 dose Covid vaccinations less than 180 days previously (1 dose Janssen / J&J); or booster vaccine less than 270 days previously; or alternatively a certificate of Covid 19 recovery less than 180 days previously. All certificates must be recognised by the EU as accepted certificates (EU zone / UK / USA / Switzerland / EEA area accepted).
2) If you are a non-vaccinated participant: Provide the ECJS & JEP office a copy of a PCR test taken no more than 48 hours before arrival time, and then take a second fast antigen test supervised by the ECJS & JEP staff on arrival at the hotel. Both of these test results must be negative to participate.
For our Cancellation policy – Please see the Terms and Conditions section.
Please note that you must be registered on the ECJS website to purchase tickets to our events. Not yet registered? Become a member now!
If you are aged 35-39 (JEP Member), please visit www.jep.eu
NOTE: FULL EVENT (hotel, meals, tour visits etc) NOW SOLD OUT (except for locals living in Istanbul). If you take an online ticket for the event you will be added to the waiting list in case of any event cancellations. Please DO NOT book any travel to Istanbul until the ECJS & JEP office confirms by email that there has been a cancellation and that the booking is all okay for you to go and book travel. Otherwise, we do not take responsibility to guarantee you a place.
All prices are per person. If you pay by bank transfer please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your receipt from the bank as we will not see your payment for 4-5 working days and we will not know you have paid.
Extra nights before and after the event are available through ECJS at our special group rates. If you request a twin occupancy extra night without a friend(s) and we are unable to match you up with another participant(s), you will be asked to upgrade to a single room.
Eastern Europeans or Former Soviet Union (born and living in currently), may take the 18-30 price option. To get these prices you must also hold a valid 1 year paid membership subscription.
EARLYBIRD SALE DEADLINE: 23;59 CEST (Belgium Time) on Thursday 5th May 2022.
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is sharing a room with someone but with 2 separate beds.
Thu-Sun Twin 18-30
Normal Price € 329
Thu-Sun Twin 31-39
Normal Price € 369
Thu-Sun Single 18-30
Normal Price € 479
Thu-Sun Single 31-39
Normal Price € 519
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is sharing a room with someone but with 2 separate beds.
Thu-Sun Single Room
Thu-Sun Twin Room
Thu-Sun Single Suite
EXTRA NIGHT OPTIONS
NOTE:Due to such high demand, please check with email@example.com for availability if you need Wednesday as an “extra” night. We cannot guarantee any extra night booking availability for this night – so you may need to make your own arrangements elsewhere if you need this night.
For those people living in Istanbul only, we can offer these local packages for the weekend at special subsidized prices if you sign up as a FREE user on our website first. These do not include any transport to and from the venues and you can choose a ticket for one of these packages:
- LOCAL PACKAGE – All 3 nights €50 : Includes Thursday evening Lag B’Omer Celebrations, Friday Shabbat Dinner and Saturday fun night
- LOCAL PACKAGE – Thursday Night Lag B’Omer only €25 : Includes Thursday evening Lag B’Omer Celebrations and Saturday fun night
- LOCAL PACKAGE – Friday Night Shabbat only €25 : Includes Friday evening Shabbat Dinner and Saturday fun night
- LOCAL PACKAGE – Saturday Night only €10 : Includes Saturday fun night only
Day 1 Highlights – Thursday
Tour of Istanbul
Day 2 Highlights – Friday
Tour of local area
Day 3 Highlights – Shabbat
Shabbat Friendly Activity
Relax & Enjoy
DAY 4 Highlights – Sunday
Tour of Surrounding Area
The event will start at 12:00pm in ISTANBUL on the Thursday and finish on Sunday around 5:00pm.
Note: In Istanbul there are 2 airports. The main Istanbul airport is around 50-60 minutes by taxi from the hotel and Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen airport is around 60-75 minutes by taxi from the hotel.
For EU / UK / Israeli citizens, it is not necessary to obtain a visa if you are entering Turkey as a tourist for this short time period. For other countries it is necessary to obtain an e-visa (www.evisa.gov.tr). To check if you need a visa for your country to enter Turkey, please visit – https://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information-for-foreigners.en.mfa
ISTANBUL AS A CITY:
This magical meeting place of East and West has more top-drawer attractions than it has minarets (and that’s a lot).
İstanbul’s strategic location has attracted many marauding armies over the centuries. The Greeks, Romans and Venetians took turns ruling before the Ottomans stormed into town and decided to stay – physical reminders of their various tenures are found across the city. The fact that the city straddles two continents wasn’t its only drawcard – it was the final stage on the legendary Silk Road linking Asia with Europe, and many merchants who came here liked it so much that they, too, decided to stay. In so doing, they gave the city a cultural diversity that it retains to this day.
Some ancient cities are the sum of their monuments, but İstanbul factors a lot more into the equation. Chief among its manifold attractions are the locals, who have an infectious love of life and generosity of spirit. This vibrant, inclusive and expanding community is full of people who work and party hard, treasure family and friendships, and have no problem melding tradition and modernity in their everyday lives.
Overlooking the Marmara Sea, this deluxe hotel is set among an area of lush nature and features an outdoor and indoor pool. Spa facilities includes relaxing massages, sauna and ice fountain. The hotel offers bright, spacious rooms, a large club lounge and a stunning pool area. The Galleria Shopping Mall is situated only steps away.
- Four or Five-Star deluxe Accommodation
- Free WiFi Internet Access in all rooms and public areas.
- General Room facilities
- Free access to fitness facilities (treatments/ activities may cost extra)
- Kosher meals
- Entertainment and workshops
- City Tours with professional guides – dependant on local laws and restrictions
- Organised transport for official trip tours and visits – dependant on local laws and restrictions
- General room service
- Optional Parking (charged by the hotel directly to each individual)
Participants will NOT be provided with
- Luxury items (alcoholic beverages besides Friday night, etc)
- Additional room service (washing, dry cleaning, etc)
- Health and other insurance
- Every participant should ensure that their personal insurance covers medical expenses during their stay.
- ECJS does not take responsibility for damages done by participants (in hotel, buses and other locations). Participants are legally responsible for any damage they cause.
- Participant must notify ECJS in advance of any illnesses, allergies or medications they are on if there is any risk of any possible side effects or reactions that ECJS should be aware of. It is the participants own responsibility to ensure they prevent such reactions / side effects taking place as much as realistically possible, and ECJS does not take any responsibility for any medical care / treatment or incidents that may happen due to a participants failure to adhere to their personal medical responsibilities.
- By completing an event or membership registration form, the applicant gives full permission for ECJS staff, or affiliated representatives on ECJS’s behalf, to take appropriate related photographs of the applicant during an event (or pre/post event days), which may be used in any ECJS related material (e.g. marketing or supplied to sponsors), at the decision of the ECJS office.
- Any participant may be charged the full cost of the event and sent home during the program if fraudulent information was provided on the registration form for the event or ECJS member/associate form.
- ECJS holds the right at any time to cancel your participation if you fail to fulfil any demands or requirements of the program. In this situation the amount of refunds are at the full discretion of the ECJS office staff.
- For Covid-19 related entry requirements, it is the participant’s responsibility to make sure they fulfil all border entry requirements for access to Turkey (including if necessary pay for PCR or antigen tests and complete entry forms).
- All participants must have one of the following certificates – full Covid vaccination certificate (with Vaccine accepted by the Turkish government) – either 180 days or less until 21 March 2022 (for original 2 doses) or 270 days or less until 21 March 2022 for a booster. Alternatively, if not holding this certificate the participant must hold a Covid Recovery certificate (180 days or less before the 21st March 2022).
- If someone is found positive with Covid-19 related symptoms, then it is the participants responsibility to isolate, get tests and take appropriate medical precautions. ECJS will try its best to assist with this where appropriately possible but does not take any responsibility for this unless it is a necessary requirement to ensure the health and safety of any other remaining participants.
- For Covid refunds : These will be provided only if you hold a positive Covid-19 test and at a level providing ECJS obtains refunds from any expenses laid out on your behalf (e.g. hotel / tour guides / food etc). For no other reasons. All Covid-19 related refunds are at the discretion of the ECJS office.
Ticket Booking Confirmation
ECJS only confirms and guarantees the booking once tickets have been purchased, approved and payment also received and approved by the ECJS office; on the basis that the participant provides a copy of his ID / Passport for security and the information supplied on the registration form is correct. Until then, ECJS does not take any responsibility for your commitment to the event. Therefore ECJS does not advise you to book your flights / travel arrangements, until you receive your confirmation from the ECJS office as before this time ECJS does not guarantee you a place to participate in the event.
ECJS does its best to adhere to all specific room and event requests (such as room sharing preferences). However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible. In this situation the participant consents to the full authority of ECJS to make any changes necessary.
These are only for those people currently living in the hosting city holding full residency or alternatively students studying abroad/young adults working abroad, on proof of holding a local address.
Participants must prove financial situation warranting discount. A copy of a valid passport and/or references are required. Documents and/or letter outlining your request with contact details of either a Rabbi or Jewish community organization who can vouch for your limited finances should be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are awarded a further “extra” discount to the advertised prices we ask that you try your best to attend every session of our program, especially the workshops and lectures, to reflect your appreciation of this donation. A thank you letter about your experiences at the event is required for our sponsors within 2 weeks following the event.
Limited availability. Discounts will be granted solely at the discretion of ECJS and its partners and special offer discounts are only valid on main event dates and exclude extra costs such as extra nights/membership fee etc.
Special Discount Offer and Early-bird Offer Period End-Date
This is the date all registration and payments must be RECEIVED by the ECJS office. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers, and ECJS hold the full right to charge non-offer price if they believe this is not the case.
Group Organiser or other Special Offers
These are only applicable to you as an individual and do not apply to any other participants, for example a discount in a 2 person room is a discount on your participation rate and not for the other person sharing the room. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers.
For cancellations until 23:59 on 27 April 2022 we will refund all payment except for 30 Euros admin fee for our staff to process this cancellation. From 25 April 2022 until 23:59 on 2 May 2022, we will refund 70% of your payment, providing the event sells out and we manage to re-sell your place. Otherwise we will not be able to offer a refund. After 2 May 2022, all cancellations will get no refund even for a medical emergency, except for Covid-19 related cancellation where we obtain refund (see Covid-19 section). The reason for this deduction is due to the risk we are taking, as well as the event low prices, the longer administration process involved in changing your booking, and often involves more time and expensive phone calls trying to find a replacement.
ECJS will have already booked, ordered and paid for everything for you. We will not be able to receive refunds for any of these purchases. Please understand that ECJS is a non-profit organization. We invest over €100 for each member to attend the event beyond the member fee that was paid. With your cancellation we lose this investment as well.
This is our cancellation policy and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. You agree that by submitting any event registration form or “ticket” via our website, you thereby acknowledge that you have read and understand this permission agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.