French female places now extremely limited – check with firstname.lastname@example.org availability and DO NOT book any flights / travel to Barcelona until ECJS & JEP confirm your reservation.
If you are aged 18-39, join hundreds of other young Jews to bring in 2023 with the BIGGEST BASH OF THE YEAR:
- Explore historic and modern Barcelona
- Celebrate New Year with our famous Black Tie Ball
- Learn about Spain’s historic Jewish heritage
- Stay at a deluxe hotel
- Enjoy delicious Glatt Kosher food.
And much much more!!!
This event will follow all local Covid-19 regulations regarding masks, social distancing etc.
For our Cancellation policy – Please see the Terms and Conditions section.
Please note that you must be registered on the ECJS website to purchase tickets to our events. Not yet registered? Become a member now!
If you are aged 35-40 (JEP Member), please visit www.jep.eu
All prices are per person and do not include travel to / from Barcelona or transfers to the hotel. If you pay by bank transfer please email us (email@example.com) a copy of your receipt from the bank as we will not see your payment for 4-5 working days and we will not know you have paid.
Extra nights before and after the event are available through ECJS at our special group rates. If you request a twin occupancy extra night without a friend(s) and we are unable to match you up with another participant(s), you will be asked to upgrade to a single room.
To get these prices you must also hold a valid 1 year paid membership subscription.
French female places now extremely limited – check with firstname.lastname@example.org availability and DO NOT book any flights / travel to Barcelona until ECJS & JEP confirm your reservation.
WINTER SALE DEADLINE: 23;59 CEST (Belgium Time) on Thursday 24th November 2022.
DOUBLE ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 1 x big bed (KING BED) which you will share with someone. Prices are per person.
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 2 x single beds where you will share with someone. Prices are per person.
Thu-Sun Double 18-30
Normal Price €399
Thu-Sun Double 31-39
Normal Price € 439
Thu-Sun Twin 18-30
Normal Price € 419
Thu-Sun Twin 31-39
Normal Price € 459
Thu-Sun Single 18-30
Normal Price € 599
Thu-Sun Single 31-40
Normal Price € 639
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is a room with 2 x single beds where you will share with someone. Prices are per person.
Thu-Sun Single Suite - SOLD OUT!
Thu-Sun Single Room
Thu-Sun Twin Room
EXTRA NIGHT OPTIONS
- For those people living in Barcelona only, we can offer these local packages for the weekend at special subsidized prices if you sign up as a FREE user on our website first. These do not include any transport to and from the venues. Please choose one of these packages:
- All Nights Package: €69 (includes Thursday night party, Friday Shabbat Dinner, Saturday New Year’s Eve Dinner and Black Tie Ball) – Very Limited Places available
- Saturday Night Dinner and Party: €50 (includes Saturday New Year’s Eve Dinner and Black Tie Ball only) – Very Limited Places available
- Saturday Night Party: €20 (includes Saturday New Year’s Eve Black Tie Ball only)
- Shabbat Dinner Only: €25 (includes Friday Shabbat Dinner only) – Very Limited Places available
- Thursday night: €10 (includes Thursday night party only)
This is an example program – the real program will be sent to participants only.
Day 1 Highlights – Thursday
Tour of Barcelona city
Day 2 Highlights – Friday
Scenic local tour
Day 3 Highlights – Shabbat
Shabbat Friendly Activity
Relax & Enjoy
Black Tie Dinner & Ball
DAY 4 Highlights – Sunday
Jewish Heritage Tour
The event will start at around 12:00pm in Barcelona on Thursday and finish on Sunday at approximately 3:30/4:00pm. There is only 1 airport in Barcelona (Barcelona-El-Prat – BCN) which is 15-20 minutes to the hotel, but there are also lowcost Ryanair flights to other airports in nearby cities such as Girona and Reus which are both approximately 1h15 from the hotel.
Barcelona is an enchanting seaside city with boundless culture, fabled architecture and a world-class drinking and dining scene.
The deep blue Mediterranean beckons. Sun-drenched beaches make a fine backdrop to a jog, bike ride or long leisurely stroll along the seaside – followed by a refreshing dip. The night holds limitless possibilities in Barcelona. As darkness falls, live music transforms the city: the rapid-fire rhythms of flamenco, brassy jazz spilling out of basements, and hands-in-the-air indie-rock at vintage concert halls. Towards midnight the bars fill. Take your pick from old-school taverns adorned with 19th-century murals, plush lounges in lamp-lit medieval chambers or boisterous cava bars. If you’re still standing at 3am, hit the clubs and explore Barcelona’s unabashed wild side.
Read More: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/spain/barcelona
According to archeological evidence there existed a sizeable Jewish community in the province of Catalonia, where Barcelona is located, from as early as the beginning of the Common Era. For centuries thereafter, the Jews of Barcelona managed their own local affairs and lived relatively well while confined to the Juderia (Jewish quarter).
By the fourteenth century the situation of the Jews of Barcelona and all of Spain had worsened significantly. Numerous anti-Semitic decrees were enacted by the monarchy and Catholic Church, and many Jews converted to Christianity while secretly adhering to Judaism to escape persecution. On Ash Wednesday 1391, a series of Church-led riots broke out across the country. The riots reached Barcelona in early August, during which time thousands of Jews were murdered or forcibly converted. While the Jewish expulsion from Spain did not occur until the reign of King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella in 1492, all the Jews of Barcelona either fled or converted years earlier following the riots of 1391.
Barcelona remained devoid of any Jewish presence for more than five hundred years until several Ashkenazi and Sephardic Jews came from North Africa and Eastern Europe at the beginning of the twentieth century. Today, an estimated 3,500 Jews reside in Barcelona, making it the largest concentration of Jews in Spain. In addition to its four functioning synagogues, the Barcelona Jewish community also has a Jewish day school, old age home, Chabad house, and an annual Jewish film festival. In 2016, the first Jewish Literature Festival was held.
Located near the Fira Convention Center, the hotel features a rooftop swimming pool and a restaurant with spectacular city views, as well as being less than 7 miles away from the Barcelona El Prat airport.
This hotel consists of 2 buildings linked by the panoramic restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine and featuring lush a tropical garden. There is a fitness centre with a shallow indoor pool with massage jets, and a terrace-bar with panoramic views.
Each modern and stylish room at the hotel has air conditioning and free WiFi. There is a flat-screen TV, a safe and a minibar. The private bathrooms with hairdryer and free toiletries include bathrobes and slippers. Room service is available.
CELIA OBM SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
In loving memory of our dear friend and former ECJS staff member, Celia Sasporte (Tzila Chaya Bat Moises) OBM, a scholarship fund will be established to help less fortunate ECJS participants up to 30 years old.
Celia was a naturally inclusive and caring person. She would not want anyone left out just because of their financial situation. On the contrary, they most need the opportunity to make Jewish friends and celebrate their Jewish identity. Through this scholarship, Celia can continue extending the gift of friendship and bring joy to those who need it most. Celia’s memory will live on, bringing happiness to others just as she did in life.
For this event, there will be a maximum of 4 Celia OBM Scholarships awarded, depending on suitable candidates with extremely limited financial capability who cannot normally participate in our events.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this special limited scholarship you should select the twin ticket for the event and select the check box asking if you wish to apply for this scholarship. You should also select the option to pay with bank transfer as this will not force you to make the event payment when you send us the event ticket.
After ECJS & JEP receive your event ticket, you will receive an email with a detailed application form and terms and conditions, to apply for this limited scholarship.
Once you have submitted that completed form back to ECJS & JEP you will be informed in a short time period if you have been awarded the scholarship and the amount of funding for the scholarship.
- Four-Star superior Accommodation
- Free WiFi Internet Access in all rooms and public areas.
- General Room facilities
- Free access to fitness facilities (treatments/ activities may cost extra)
- Kosher meals
- Entertainment and workshops
- City Tours with professional guides – dependant on local laws and restrictions
- Organised transport for official trip tours and visits – dependant on local laws and restrictions
- General room service
- Optional Parking (charged by the hotel directly to each individual)
Participants will NOT be provided with
- Luxury items (alcoholic beverages besides Friday night, etc)
- Additional room service (washing, dry cleaning, etc)
- Health and other insurance
- Every participant should ensure that their personal insurance covers medical expenses during their stay.
- ECJS & JEP does not take responsibility for damages done by participants (in hotel, buses and other locations). Participants are legally responsible for any damage they cause.
- Participant must notify ECJS & JEP in advance of any illnesses, allergies or medications they are on if there is any risk of any possible side effects or reactions that ECJS & JEP should be aware of. It is the participants own responsibility to ensure they prevent such reactions / side effects taking place as much as realistically possible, and ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for any medical care / treatment or incidents that may happen due to a participants failure to adhere to their personal medical responsibilities.
- By completing an event or membership registration form, the applicant gives full permission for ECJS & JEP staff, or affiliated representatives on ECJS & JEP’s behalf, to take appropriate related photographs of the applicant during an event (or pre/post event days), which may be used in any ECJS & JEP related material (e.g. marketing or supplied to sponsors), at the decision of the ECJS & JEP office.
- Any participant may be charged the full cost of the event and sent home during the program if fraudulent information was provided on the registration form for the event or ECJS & JEP member/associate form.
- ECJS & JEP holds the right at any time to cancel your participation if you fail to fulfil any demands or requirements of the program. In this situation the amount of refunds are at the full discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff.
Ticket Booking Confirmation
ECJS & JEP only confirms and guarantees the booking once tickets have been purchased, approved and payment also received and approved by the ECJS & JEP office; on the basis that the participant provides a copy of his ID / Passport for security and the information supplied on the registration form is correct. Until then, ECJS & JEP does not take any responsibility for your commitment to the event. Therefore ECJS & JEP does not advise you to book your flights / travel arrangements, until you receive your confirmation from the ECJS & JEP office as before this time ECJS & JEP does not guarantee you a place to participate in the event.
ECJS & JEP does its best to adhere to all specific room and event requests (such as room sharing preferences). However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible. In this situation the participant consents to the full authority of ECJS & JEP to make any changes necessary.
These are only for those people currently living in the hosting city holding full residency or alternatively students studying abroad/young adults working abroad, on proof of holding a local address.
- For Covid-19 related entry requirements, it is the participant’s responsibility to make sure they fulfil all border entry requirements for access to Barcelona (including if necessary pay for PCR or antigen tests and complete entry forms).
- If someone is found positive with Covid-19 related symptoms, then it is the participants responsibility to isolate, get tests and take appropriate medical precautions. ECJS & JEP will try its best to assist with this where appropriately possible but does not take any responsibility for this unless it is a necessary requirement to ensure the health and safety of any other remaining participants.
- For Covid refunds : These will be provided only if you hold a positive Covid-19 test and at a level providing ECJS & JEP obtains refunds from any expenses laid out on your behalf (e.g. hotel / tour guides / food etc). For no other reasons. All Covid-19 related refunds are at the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office.
Participants must prove financial situation warranting discount. A copy of a valid passport and/or references are required. Documents and/or letter outlining your request with contact details of either a Rabbi or Jewish community organization who can vouch for your limited finances should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
If you are awarded a further “extra” discount to the advertised prices we ask that you try your best to attend every session of our program, especially the workshops and lectures, to reflect your appreciation of this donation. A thank you letter about your experiences at the event is required for our sponsors within 2 weeks following the event.
Limited availability. Discounts will be granted solely at the discretion of ECJS & JEP and its partners and special offer discounts are only valid on main event dates and exclude extra costs such as extra nights/membership fee etc.
Special Discount Offer and Early-bird Offer Period End-Date
This is the date all registration and payments must be RECEIVED by the ECJS & JEP office. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers, and ECJS & JEP hold the full right to charge non-offer price if they believe this is not the case.
Group Organiser or other Special Offers
These are only applicable to you as an individual and do not apply to any other participants, for example a discount in a 2 person room is a discount on your participation rate and not for the other person sharing the room. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS & JEP office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers.
For cancellations until 23:59 on 07 November 2022 we will refund all payment except for 30 Euros admin fee for our staff to process this cancellation. From 08 November 2022 until 23:59 on 01 December 2022, we will refund 70% of your payment, providing the event sells out and we manage to re-sell your place. Otherwise we will not be able to offer a refund. After 1 December 2022, all cancellations will get no refund even for a medical emergency, except for Covid-19 related cancellation where we obtain refund (see Covid-19 section). The reason for this deduction is due to the risk we are taking, as well as the event low prices, the longer administration process involved in changing your booking, and often involves more time and expensive phone calls trying to find a replacement.
ECJS & JEP will have already booked, ordered and paid for everything for you. We will not be able to receive refunds for any of these purchases. Please understand that ECJS & JEP is a non-profit organization. We invest over €100 for each member to attend the event beyond the member fee that was paid. With your cancellation we lose this investment as well.
This is our cancellation policy and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. You agree that by submitting any event registration form or “ticket” via our website, you thereby acknowledge that you have read and understand this permission agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.