Come and enjoy a relaxing summer trip with other young Jews aged 18-39 in stylish Milan in Italy.
- Explore historic Milan and the scenic Italian Lakes
- Relax at a luxurious hotel
- Learn in fun interactive workshops
- Enjoy delicious Glatt Kosher food.
And much much more!!!
This event will follow all local Covid-19 regulations regarding masks, social distancing etc.
For our Cancellation policy – Please see the Terms and Conditions section.
Please note that you must be registered on the ECJS website to purchase tickets to our events. Not yet registered? Become a member now!
If you are aged 35-39 (JEP Member), please visit www.jep.eu
All prices are per person and do not include travel to / from Milan or transfers to the hotel. If you pay by bank transfer please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a copy of your receipt from the bank as we will not see your payment for 4-5 working days and we will not know you have paid.
Extra nights before and after the event are available through ECJS at our special group rates. If you request a twin occupancy extra night without a friend(s) and we are unable to match you up with another participant(s), you will be asked to upgrade to a single room.
Eastern Europeans or Former Soviet Union (born and living in currently), may take the 18-30 price option. To get these prices you must also hold a valid 1 year paid membership subscription.
EARLYBIRD SALE DEADLINE: 23:59 CEST (Belgium Time) on Sunday 03 July 2022
DOUBLE+EXTRA BED ROOM INFORMATION: This is sharing a room with someone with 1 x double (big bed) + 1 x folding bed
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is sharing a room with someone but with 2 separate beds.
Thu-Sun Double+Extra Bed 18-30
Earlybird Sale € 319
Thu-Sun Twin 18-30
Earlybird Sale € 329
Thu-Sun Double+Extra Bed 31-39
Earlybird Sale € 339
Thu-Sun Twin 31-39
Earlybird Sale € 359
Thu-Sun Single 18-30
Earlybird Sale € 539
Thu-Sun Single 31-39
Earlybird Sale € 569
TWIN ROOM INFORMATION: This is sharing a room with someone but with 2 separate beds.
Thu-Sun Single Room
Thu-Sun Twin Room
EXTRA NIGHT OPTIONS
Twin / Double+Extra Bed Room
For those people living in Milan only, we can offer these local packages for the weekend at special subsidized prices if you sign up as a FREE user on our website first. These packages will be updated soon and do not include any transport to and from the venues.
Day 1 Highlights – Thursday
Tour of Milan city
Day 2 Highlights – Friday
Visit to Italian Lakes
Day 3 Highlights – Shabbat
Shabbat Friendly Activity
Relax & Enjoy
DAY 4 Highlights – Sunday
Jewish Heritage Tour
The event will start at 12:00pm in Milan on the Thursday and finish on Sunday at approximately 3:30pm.
MILAN AS A CITY:
Milan is Italy’s city of the future, a fast-paced metropolis where money talks, creativity is big business and looking good is an art form.
Ruled by the Caesars, Napoléon, the Austro-Hungarians and Mussolini, Milan has an ancient and fascinating history. After the unification of Italy in 1861, it also became an important industrial and cultural centre – a title it still holds today. While it may not have the historic attractions of other Italian cities, it holds its own with art collections old and new, which mark the genius of old masters and provoke new conversations about where the world is headed. Prestigious nights at La Scala, an illustrious literary heritage and a vibrant music scene also do much to debunk the city’s workaholic image.
Since Leonardo da Vinci broke all the rules in his stunning Last Supper, the indefatigably inventive Milanese seem to have skipped straight from the Renaissance to the 1900s. Not only is Milan a treasure trove of 20th-century art, but art deco and rationalist architecture abound. Today the city leads the way with the largest post-war re-development in Italy, impressive, sustainable architecture and a futuristic skyline modelled by Zaha Hadid, Daniel Libeskind and César Pelli. The city is also burgeoning into a hi-tech hub, home to start-ups galore and the likes of Google, Microsoft, Alibaba and Apple.
Read More: https://www.lonelyplanet.com/italy/milan
The Jewish presence in Milan dates back to the Roman period. Hebrew inscriptions from this period have been found by archaeologists. A Milanese synagogue dated back to at least the 4th century, but it was destroyed by local residents. Milanese Jews continued to live there over the centuries.
It was not until the 13th century, with the arrival of more Jews in the Lombardy region, that the Milanese community developed. A synagogue was built following a permission granted by Duke Filippo Maria Visconti in 1452. However, at the end of the century, the Milanese Jews were expelled.
Their return took place mainly at the beginning of the 19th century, when the city became the Lombard capital of the Napoleonic Kingdom of Italy. Seven Jewish families lived there in 1820, a figure that rose to 200 people twenty years later, a population mainly composed of students who came to take advantage of the opening of the universities without discrimination. Participating in the fight for national independence, the Milanese Jews were integrated into the Kingdom of Italy and were granted equal rights as citizens in 1859.
After the First World War, Jews from Eastern Europe settled in Milan. The influx of refugees increased further following the first persecutions in Germany. There were thus 12,000 Milanese Jews present in 1938.
At the beginning of the Second World War, about 5,000 Jews managed to escape to the USA and Israel. Following the German invasion, many Jews were captured, deported and murdered.
Fewer than 5,000 Jews lived in Milan after the war, including refugees from the surrounding villages. Some went to Israel, but other refugees settled in Milan, mainly from Egypt from the late 1940s. Thus, of the 8500 Milanese Jews in 1965, most were Sephardic. Other Jews from Arab countries integrated in Milan after the Six Day War and the persecutions.
The property is set in one of the greenest districts and is moments away from the heartbeat of the city, making it an ideal place to meet up and socialize for both business and leisure. Quiet haven within dynamic, urban Milan, the hotel offers a range of facilities and a warm welcome to the guests looking for an inspiring place to connect. An extensive garden gives an unmissable opportunity to relax in a quiet corner of the city and a fascinating setting to enjoy aperitifs and a pleasant outdoor time.
CELIA OBM SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION:
In loving memory of our dear friend and former ECJS staff member, Celia Sasporte (Tzila Chaya Bat Moises) OBM, a scholarship fund will be established to help less fortunate ECJS participants aged 18-30.
Celia was a naturally inclusive and caring person. She would not want anyone left out just because of their financial situation. On the contrary, they most need the opportunity to make Jewish friends and celebrate their Jewish identity. Through this scholarship, Celia can continue extending the gift of friendship and bring joy to those who need it most. Celia’s memory will live on, bringing happiness to others just as she did in life.
For this event, there will be a maximum of 4 Celia OBM Scholarships awarded, depending on suitable candidates with extremely limited financial capability who cannot normally participate in our events.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this special limited scholarship you should select the twin ticket for the event and select the check box asking if you wish to apply for this scholarship. You should also select the option to pay with bank transfer as this will not force you to make the event payment when you send us the event ticket.
After ECJS & JEP receive your event ticket, you will receive an email with a detailed application form and terms and conditions, to apply for this limited scholarship.
Once you have submitted that completed form back to ECJS & JEP you will be informed in a short time period if you have been awarded the scholarship and the amount of funding for the scholarship.
- Four or Five-Star deluxe Accommodation
- Free WiFi Internet Access in all rooms and public areas.
- General Room facilities
- Free access to fitness facilities (treatments/ activities may cost extra)
- Kosher meals
- Entertainment and workshops
- City Tours with professional guides – dependent on local laws and restrictions
- Organised transport for official trip tours and visits – dependent on local laws and restrictions
- General room service
- Optional Parking (charged by the hotel directly to each individual)
Participants will NOT be provided with
- Luxury items (alcoholic beverages besides Friday night, etc)
- Additional room service (washing, dry cleaning, etc)
- Health and other insurance
- Every participant should ensure that their personal insurance covers medical expenses during their stay.
- ECJS does not take responsibility for damages done by participants (in hotel, buses and other locations). Participants are legally responsible for any damage they cause.
- Participant must notify ECJS in advance of any illnesses, allergies or medications they are on if there is any risk of any possible side effects or reactions that ECJS should be aware of. It is the participants own responsibility to ensure they prevent such reactions / side effects taking place as much as realistically possible, and ECJS does not take any responsibility for any medical care / treatment or incidents that may happen due to a participants failure to adhere to their personal medical responsibilities.
- By completing an event or membership registration form, the applicant gives full permission for ECJS staff, or affiliated representatives on ECJS’s behalf, to take appropriate related photographs of the applicant during an event (or pre/post event days), which may be used in any ECJS related material (e.g. marketing or supplied to sponsors), at the decision of the ECJS office.
- Any participant may be charged the full cost of the event and sent home during the program if fraudulent information was provided on the registration form for the event or ECJS member/associate form.
- ECJS holds the right at any time to cancel your participation if you fail to fulfil any demands or requirements of the program. In this situation the amount of refunds are at the full discretion of the ECJS office staff.
- For Covid-19 related entry requirements, it is the participant’s responsibility to make sure they fulfil all border entry requirements for access to Italy (including if necessary pay for PCR or antigen tests and complete entry forms).
- If someone is found positive with Covid-19 related symptoms, then it is the participants responsibility to isolate, get tests and take appropriate medical precautions. ECJS will try its best to assist with this where appropriately possible but does not take any responsibility for this unless it is a necessary requirement to ensure the health and safety of any other remaining participants.
- For Covid refunds : These will be provided only if you hold a positive Covid-19 test and at a level providing ECJS obtains refunds from any expenses laid out on your behalf (e.g. hotel / tour guides / food etc). For no other reasons. All Covid-19 related refunds are at the discretion of the ECJS office.
Ticket Booking Confirmation
ECJS only confirms and guarantees the booking once tickets have been purchased, approved and payment also received and approved by the ECJS office; on the basis that the participant provides a copy of his ID / Passport for security and the information supplied on the registration form is correct. Until then, ECJS does not take any responsibility for your commitment to the event. Therefore ECJS does not advise you to book your flights / travel arrangements, until you receive your confirmation from the ECJS office as before this time ECJS does not guarantee you a place to participate in the event.
ECJS does its best to adhere to all specific room and event requests (such as room sharing preferences). However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible. In this situation the participant consents to the full authority of ECJS to make any changes necessary.
These are only for those people currently living in the hosting city holding full residency or alternatively students studying abroad/young adults working abroad, on proof of holding a local address.
Participants must prove financial situation warranting discount. A copy of a valid passport and/or references are required. Documents and/or letter outlining your request with contact details of either a Rabbi or Jewish community organization who can vouch for your limited finances should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com
If you are awarded a further “extra” discount to the advertised prices we ask that you try your best to attend every session of our program, especially the workshops and lectures, to reflect your appreciation of this donation. A thank you letter about your experiences at the event is required for our sponsors within 2 weeks following the event.
Limited availability. Discounts will be granted solely at the discretion of ECJS and its partners and special offer discounts are only valid on main event dates and exclude extra costs such as extra nights/membership fee etc.
Special Discount Offer and Early-bird Offer Period End-Date
This is the date all registration and payments must be RECEIVED by the ECJS office. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers, and ECJS hold the full right to charge non-offer price if they believe this is not the case. For the Celia OBM Scholarship this is awarded at entirely the discretion of the ECJS office and if information is found to be incorrectly supplied, then ECJS has the right to request payment up to the full actual real cost of the event.
Group Organiser or other Special Offers
These are only applicable to you as an individual and do not apply to any other participants, for example a discount in a 2 person room is a discount on your participation rate and not for the other person sharing the room. It is entirely the discretion of the ECJS office staff to decide whether a participant fulfills the demands for the offers.
For cancellations until 23:59 on 3 July 2022 we will refund all payment except for 30 Euros admin fee for our staff to process this cancellation. From 03 July 2022 until 23:59 on 20 July 2022, we will refund 70% of your payment, providing the event sells out and we manage to re-sell your place. Otherwise we will not be able to offer a refund. After 20 July 2022, all cancellations will get no refund even for a medical emergency, except for Covid-19 related cancellation where we obtain refund (see Covid-19 section). The reason for this deduction is due to the risk we are taking, as well as the event low prices, the longer administration process involved in changing your booking, and often involves more time and expensive phone calls trying to find a replacement.
ECJS will have already booked, ordered and paid for everything for you. We will not be able to receive refunds for any of these purchases. Please understand that ECJS is a non-profit organization. We invest over €100 for each member to attend the event beyond the member fee that was paid. With your cancellation we lose this investment as well.
This is our cancellation policy and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you. You agree that by submitting any event registration form or “ticket” via our website, you thereby acknowledge that you have read and understand this permission agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.